Hello World

a few random thoughts at any time of the day or night, whenever the mood strikes

Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Snowflakes on the first day of spring

Snowflakes falling in a heavy fog...feel the cold through the glass pane door. What you say? But it is the first day of spring! Welcome to the unpredictable weather of western Arkansas. Actually, it is very predictable in fact. I can remember several spring breaks growing up in which we had snow. It tapered off in the 80's and 90's, but now it is swinging back towards the northern type weather. Very interesting to those who are interested in geothermal climate trends (I'm sure someone out there has a passion for that). Since I do not, I will view our temperamental moods of our region's weather as only a symbol of sacrifice during Lent and look forward to the real spring that will come soon with Easter. Hope is in our hearts! What I would love for a sunny day with blue skies. I know I complain about being outside during spring with these nasty allegens, but I will gladly take the post nasal drip for sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment